Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Website

ProudApache opened this issue on Nov 10, 2011 ยท 114 posts

alexcoppo posted Sun, 20 November 2011 at 4:58 AM

Compatible is not synonymous of designed-for.

E.g. GIMP 2.7.x is compatible with Windows: this means that it does not crash (often), works (most of the time), doesn't kill my Vista installation. At the same time, it still does look funny even with the UI improvements, there is no way I can force it to open maximized (I have to slightly reposition it every time), I had to install a theme for it not to crash when using fonts (what does themes have to do with fonts? quien sabe!).

If I want a designed-for program, I have just to shell 1000+ Euro and get Photoshop for Windows.

In addition, I would like to point out that for NO rendering engine in existence there is a one-to-one translation to another engine which transforms a great looking shader in an identically great looking shader. In every case you can call yourself lucky if the converted shader is a decent starting point; in most cases you don't even try to port shaders, you redo them from scratch (or use native items).

Assembly is required. Batteries are included but you have to recharge them first. Might cause baldness (due to hair ripping).

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2