Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Paint in Photoshop

shannonsuzanne opened this issue on Dec 03, 2011 ยท 9 posts

archdruid posted Sun, 04 December 2011 at 8:05 AM

Colours... I am not sure what you mean but, Filters and Adjustments are very powerful tools to get the kind of effects most people want for "Comic book" or Manga style colours and effects.. like rotogravure and/or Sepia and Gold tone.

One very important thing, is what Mode you are operating in... if you are in RGB, you have limited the span of colours you can use.. similarly, if you limit to, say, web colours, it limits your choices.. cmyk has both advantages and disadvantages... each mode has a purpose.. example.. cmyk is basically for printing digitally, and your options and colours are limited to your printer profile.

Also, in Mode... you have options for 8, 16, 24 32.. and so-on spectrums of colour.. this has an effect on the span of colours you can use, as well.

Tutorials.. I think you will find that the major portion deal with the overall How-to, rather than the nuts and bolts of things like, How to get specific colours.

One thing I would recommend, is to play a bit with the Contrast/Brightness/Saturation/Luminance controls, in Adjustments, not in the colour picker.

I hope this has been of some help, at least. Lou

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."