Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PP2012 - Dyn Hair - Collisions don't work at all?

Photopium opened this issue on Dec 02, 2011 · 65 posts

Cage posted Sun, 04 December 2011 at 12:30 PM

Quote - Meanwhile, if you style after simulation, it resets the hair entirely.  Truth be told, without real time dynamics, the style tools are useless for any sort of detail work.

I thought only the "growth" tools in the Hair Room would reset any existing styling.  😕  If any and every Hair Room tool resets everything, things are worse than I thought.  :scared:

I agree that the whole process is awkward and seems like it was only half-heartedly tacked on.  The core of the Hair Room is a plugin licensed for use with Poser.  The actual Poser part wasn't developed well and has been pretty much ignored since Poser 5, aside from the periodic update which allegedly improves speed or collision accuracy.

I agree with carodan: we really, really need to find a way to get the dev team to pay attention to the Hair Room and Poser's dynamic hair in general. 

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.