Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

RobynsVeil posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 3:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - I agree with all those who wish to keep it civil. And open.

Randal, you have - in Genesis - a relatively low-res mesh. Works a treat in DS4 but not all that optimally in Poser. Are you anticipating a higher-res mesh that will be generated during export from DS4? And would that high-res mesh support either the V4 morph set or the new V5 morph set?

The answer is not a higher Rez mesh, it's in SubD that the magic of Genesis happens. Even if we could bake the SubD in and get the figure into Poser with more detail it might actually bend and look worse.

There is a reason why genesis bends better than previous versions... It's because the bends are made then SubD is applied which is the idea behind Catmull-Clark.

It may be that we could create a figure that would be a "Posette 2" that was more detailed and poser weight mapped. But odds are good that it wouldn't do much more than V4... She was and is pretty great. We will pursue genesis functionality in Poser until we succeed or it becomes obvious that it will never succeed. If its the latter, I can assure you that we would dedicate resources toward an alternate solution... Like a new Poser-native product line.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, Randall.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks