Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

jesserev posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 3:42 PM

Quote -
Hello,

I think that is exactly the opposite of what people would want.

If you stick to the installers, a simple improvement would be to let them remember to install for Poser as the selected application, similar to the content path (currently they remember the runtime path, but fall back to "DAZ studio" every time. One is tempted to think that this is intentionally). Ideally I would like to see zip files, really! The tons of "program hasn't installed correctly" messages are really really annoying. 

Best regards,

Michael

One of the problems with the current installers Michael is that they do not work on Macs now. I agree ideally zips. I am a stickler about my folder system. And Daz folders are notably atrocious. Rand you say you want to steer away from zip files, but the old SIT file were a form of zips. And the rest of the installs required PowerPC.

I personally hope we can come to some type of compromise. Unfortunately with the release of Poser Debut. You have to be advanced to get items installed into the correct folders as external folders are disabled. Poser has been nice enough to install folders for the Daz characters and clothing, but your runtimes do not install into those files. There are too many versions of Poser floating around, add all the versions of DS and other .obj programs: It is simple. We need the flexibility to install into the program runtime, external hard drive (some of carry TBs of files) or work folders that we can zip the render content file together and transport it to a render machine.

Daz has simply turned into a hobbyist site and is not professional friendly anymore. Yet you are expecting us to support professionally priced software of Daz Studio...I think you've stretched to thin, then tried to snap back like a bungie cord. Daz needs some direction and to decide what it is willing to provide. More then this it needs to decides what demographics it is going to serve. If you want to serve Daz Studio and Poser, that is fine, if you want to serve only your content that is fine. Just make a distinction and live with it. You can't continue to go back and forth.