Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 ยท 1133 posts

elfguy posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 7:19 PM

Honestly all the talk about underlying technology does very little for me. I'm a heavy Poser and Vue user, spending over $100 a month on content, but I use V4, always have and always will, unless a new, better figure comes that can be used in Poser 7 (and no, I cannot upgrade, because I use both Poser 7 and Vue 6, which supports up to Poser 7 only. So my only choices would be paying around $1400 to get the latest version of both, or making my workflow drastically more complex by adding DS, using obj conversions, etc, which I have no intention of doing).

So basically, for people like me, all this means is that each time I browse the DAZ site, I see less and less usable items, which simply means I go there less and less. I can understand some people wanting to try new figures and making clothes for it, but by not making them compatible with V4 it just means it's not usable by me and others. I'd happiless shell out $18 for the new Val3D outfit that came out today, but I can't. And when I see even hairstyles (V5 ponytail) coming out and not supporting V4, that's just crazy, and an underhanded way to force people to change.

So this is basically why I dislike DAZ at the moment, and why I just cannot use their site anymore.