Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DS VS Poser

Nathalie_ opened this issue on May 26, 2011 · 46 posts

kyoto_kid posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 10:55 PM

...jumping over the fence so to say to Poser Pro 2010.

Started with Daz Studio (1.5) and was a longtime Daz user.  However, ver Studio4 will not work on my old system due to "tougher" GPU requirments, so for me, the advantages of Genesis and weight mapping are moot.  As Studio3Advanced is no longer supported, the application's ongoing issues with memory management will never be resolved.

On the other hand, Pro 2010 seems to be "kinder" to my old 32 bit notebook while offering a several features that Daz Studio doesn't (including cloth/hair dynamics and more advanced materials editing).  Rendering in background mode with the Queue Manager is a real lifesaver as it reduces the load on my system's meager resources even with raytracing and AO.

Working with the lighting system is a bit of a new learning curve as I am so used to the ability of being able to "look through" a light in Daz Studio as if it were a camera (something very helpful with an integrated graphics chipset that is severely limited in how many lights it can display).

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]