Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

Netherworks posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 10:35 PM

Well, installers... I suppose I understand the reasoning behind them (you feel that this is the primary way one "reads" the installation agreement, plus they are easier for new folks).  My only gripe with them is that the newer ones are less click friendly.  What I mean by that is the old one you could simply click the "line" the checkbox was on it and it would toggle check/unchecked.  These newer ones require more precision.  Maybe it's a silly gripe but I liked the older ones, given the fact they are required for installing DAZ content.

On Genesis, I'm not sure there can be any outcome other than the options we have on hand.  DAZ appears to have positioned itself that in order to use Genesis at all, one must utilize DAZ Studio.  Period.  Why not offer a Poser-only version or an enhanced V4 or some type of bone for Poser users or more bluntly those that have a stronger preference for working in Poser?  I can understand that there may be fears of techonology "containment" where there is less control for DAZ Productions on the Genesis/V4 Enhanced figure and the fact that it may (likely would) create a competing market for Genesis in itself.  Though if your fingers are in both pies, would it really matter.

probably more in terms of a V4.5 would be neat to see for poser, that retains the higher res mesh, utilizes moving joint centers for old/young/monster sculpts and so forth.

Those are my thoughts and it's obvious that I am not in the meeting room during DAZ and SM talks, so you guys may have already sorted out the solutions.  The worst case scenario is that Poser enthusiasts move onto new figures, stick with V4 or play more in DS or whatnot - or in a nutshell, nothing changes.

Anyways, I'm being honest and open with no hostility intended and I hope everything I wrote makes sense. :)  Thanks for opening this dialog Rand and I hope that it stays civil.

Footnote:  I wrote this from the get-go without reading the entire thread.  I want to leave my questions/observations "as is" but I have read the whole thing at this point. :)