Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PP2012 - Dyn Hair - Collisions don't work at all?

Photopium opened this issue on Dec 02, 2011 · 65 posts

Cage posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 10:39 PM

Quote - Has anyone been able to prevent collisions from folding up the hair into an accordion in simulations?  I've tweaked everything and tried every combination I can think of and every sim ends up the same...every vertice turns into a zig-zag accordion even though I've got no kink, bend resistance, dampening, whatever...

How much did you use magnets to shape the hair?  If the vertices aren't evenly spaced along the lengths of the hairs, the dynamics would presumably give uneven (even moreso than usual) results.  And if you used magnets, how are those deformations being kept in place on the hair?  Morphs?  A baked geometry?  Or are the magnets still attached?

A script could go through the hairs and space the vertices evenly, after magnet deformation has been applied.  My path scripts do a lot of that.

As I understand it, the hair is basically a system of virtual springs, with a "spring" between each pair of neighboring vertices.  The response of each spring will vary depending on how far apart the paired vertices are.  If the springs in a given hair are of different lengths, the hair won't behave as intended.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.