Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

markschum posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 10:55 PM

DAZ_Rand,

the problem with you saying Daz is looking at a,b or c is that we have had this in the past and a,b or c never eventuates.

Studio 4 does not run on my system and noone at Daz has any suggestions about why. There seems to be no detailed user manual, and that has been the case for several versions of studio. I have not found a specification of the system that Daz studio 4 requires.  I have a number of custom CR2 files that Daz 3 will not load.  So at the end of myday Daz studio is not an option for my paid work.

Going back a few years Daz put up pictures of creature morphs for M4 that I am as yet unaware were ever released.

Its this sort of information from Daz that makes me uncomfortable when dealing with my clients about future projects.

I bought the Daz millenium horse for one job and had to scrap it because of the horrible distorted legs.  Still no fix that I am aware of. 

Now with genesis its buy M4 and V4 and freak again to get decent bending but only in Daz studio. Why not a simple weight map for the V4, M4 and freak that I have paid for.?

Daz dropped artzone so I may lose what I had posted there, no warning that I saw.

I can no longer get a reset on my downloads because I have to do them from another machine , and Daz now will only reset 1 item and tells me it may take a few days to get that done. Then I have two days I believe to grab it before it expires again.  In fact the reset happened the same day and I would have missed the download. 

Note: only dialup is available in my area and download speeds are typically 2.1 kbps

or about 2 mb in an hour. To download anything I need to travel 10 miles to another site with dsl.  It will take me another 3 months by my reckoning to recover about 6 files that I need reset.  I was sure I used to be able to ask for multiple resets in the past. I seem to have missed a Daz announcement of this change as well.

have a nice day.