Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

infinity10 posted Fri, 09 December 2011 at 11:31 PM

Hi,

Just providing some feedback about my own situation.  

During the early days of Daz Studio, there were a lot of updates, since it was in beta for some years.

I couldn't keep up with all the updating for in-house plugins and, worse, I purchased third-party plug-ins which didn't keep pace with version updates.

I found I couldn't manage and administer Poser content runtime installing AND Daz Studio updating (yes, some of us have real lives out there) over time.

In fact, I had also purchased DS3 Advanced and some plugins (cloth?). 

But I had to choose, and since I already invested more real money in Poser than DS at the time (2005-2008), I had to go with what made sense to me.

This isn't the only 3D art product I dropped.  I also tried Carrara and Bryce, but couldn't keep up with version updates and content administration.  

Hexagon:- now I waited a long time for that to be updated, and yes, recently it did get an update.  It is still useful to me.

Stand-alone third-party product FaceShop Pro:- I gave up updating versions as well.  Just didn't think it worked for me.

I still purchase Poser-compatible products from the DAZ3D store, but honestly, cannot keep up with the Victoria 5-Genesis and DS4+ updating and content management.  

And giving credit to Poser content artists, well, some of them them do a really good job.  Good quality freebies and commercial items still exist for the Poser software, so I am able to keep my content refreshed, from time to time.

Right now, learning DS4 is no different to me than learning iClone or Quidam, honestly.  It just means I need to spend time and some more money, but alas, I already have Poser and not much time and only some money !

Eternal Hobbyist