Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

DAZ_Rand posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 4:13 AM

Quote - quoted from Rob Whisenant:

Quote - Work on the Cr2 Exporter continues. The next iteration includes fixes for a few bugs and exposes the exporter to the DAZ Script API, similarly to the OBJ exporter. This means that a script can be written to improve the process by dramatically reducing the number of manual steps and consolidating any options that are still needed into a single dialog. Writing that script is the next thing in the queue [for the exporter]. Following that will be the documentation, as it is likely to change significantly. Said script will not be in the next build... it will have to follow. No, I don't have a date for when the public will get the next build or the script. There is a [private] testing cycle that is scheduled to start tomorrow. Feedback from that batch of tests will influence the release schedule.

See, that's a good answer regarding improving the conversion process.  Not optimal (it isn't standalone and requires D|S to be done) but it's a big step forward.

How about importing content that has been rigged and weighted in Poser, to DAZ|Studio?  I haven't heard any talk about that at all, I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from it.

Rob is great. Any info I have about the exporter comes from him so thanks for posting that from our forums.

Your suggesstion is a good one, ill pass that along.