Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

JenX posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 10:42 AM

Quote - Here it is Rawn....and this is a copy verbatim of Bagginsbill's post:

It is totally trivial to make Poser use 100% of the CPU if you aren't using it?

I render full blast and work all day writing and testing software, browsing for info, etc. Poser doesn't slow my machine down at all.

All you gotta do is lower its process priority.What this does is lets Poser have all the cores it wants, except when you use any other program. Then it is briefly interrupted. It's totally seamless and I don't even notice that Poser is hogging my computer.

This can be done with Task Manager, but I found it easier to just create a new short cut that launches Poser with lower priority.

Make a copy of the shortcut you use now, just in case you screw this up. Then open its properties.

In the target, put this:

C:WINDOWSsystem32cmd.exe /c start "runbelownormal" /belownormal "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser 8Poser.exe"

I would imagine if you replace the path for Poser with the path for Daz Studio it may work. I'm not sure if it's different for 64 bit than it is for 32 bit, but I suppose if the path to the program is correct, it should work for ya. Try and see what happens. It DOES indeed work for Poser and I always run Poser this way because I'm always doing something else. Poser 8 and up can be a hog too ;).

Laurie

This is exactly what I do for all of my programs when I'm using them.  DS, Poser, Photoshop, Bryce, Hexagon...all of them get low priority use when I'm doing work.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.