Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

hornet3d posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 10:47 AM

First of all I am uneasy with the new figure being called V5 as it implies that she is an updated version of V4 as she was an update version of V3.  Clearly this is not the case.  Anyway, personal gripe out of the way.

As far as I am concerend the trouble with any new figure is that I will make comparrisons with what I can do already with V4.  That does not stop me trying Antonia and the like because all I am wasting is time if it does not compare well. On the other hand I am not going to pay for a figure unless I have some idea that it will give me something more.  I am certainly not going to pay for a new figure and program unless I am as sure as I can be that it is worth the cost.  Genesis may or may not be a major improvement on V4 I don't know but nothing I have seen yet suggests she is and where do I go for unbias advice.  Where do I go for an idea as to what I can do in the new program that is needed, I can't even look at the documentation as it is not complete.

I had the budget for DS4 but was not sure what I could do with it that I could not do in Poser, other than use Genesis which was another vague concept.  In the finish I spent my money on Poser 2012, I knew some of what it gave me and in addition to weight mapping it came with Sub-Surface Scattering.  Thanks to the way Ambassodors were used I had a a very good idea of what 2012 could do before I purchased it at a stunning price.  SSS has given V4 a whole new lease of life but I am not surprised because I had a good idea what was possible before I spent my hard earned cash.

I am glad to see that DAZ are now lookng at the subject of documentation, too late for me as I dumped Hexagon some time ago as I could not get it to do what I wanted it to do.  I do have Carrera which I updated to version 8 Pro and would love to use this instead of Vue so documentation would be useful, particularly as I have it installed but never use it as I cannot get the results I want.

In summary I am not against Daz as a company or it's products but I do need to know what I am buying before I spend my cash.  Too late for me for Daz 4 and Genesis but with the right information I might considerer Daz5 and Genesis II.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.