Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

DAZ_Rand posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 4:41 PM

Quote - I think Daz is biting off its nose to spite its face, as the old sayig goes, by not making Vicky 5 compatible with Poser. I do not have the money to invest in yet another 3D program that requires all sorts of plugins at additional costs to do what Poser does. Ex. The cloth room. Besides, I have the free version of Daz Studio 4 and can't figure it out. It is not intuitive at all,  or my version is not working!

There is a common misunderstanding that is re-enforced by your post here that V5 is somehow equal to V4 in its individual scope.  That somehow we set out to create another new figure and exclude Poser users yet again.

The fact is simply this. V5 isnt a new figure, its an addition to Genesis. A spectacular addition that pushes the boundries of the tech... but an addition nonetheless. Its a new Paradigm that shares very little with the previous one. We are committed to the Genesis platform because we believe that it has merit and we are seeking to bring it to Poser and other 3D environments. V5 is just another iteration of it. We could no more "Make V5 Poser compatible" than we can Genesis because it IS Genesis.

Having said that... we are working on it. :D