Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

Netherworks posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 7:12 PM

DAZ and its followers frequently excoriate (always wanted to use that word in a post) SM for not adopting DAZ technologies.   Has DAZ adopted capsule zones and dependent parameters in DS4?  PMDs?  Can you please show us your roadmap to make DS4 more compatible with existent poser technologies.

This is a good question and one I have asked before.

Dependent Parameters are honestly as plainly written as ERC code is and in some ways less convoluted.

PMD has been around since Poser 6.

Let's go way back... Why not allow Material Collections and MT5 support along with support for the Materials folder so in the name of cross-compatibility we can get the bloat out of the Pose folders?  I'm talking more about accepting the file "extension" than some kind of transfer of shader nodes between the programs (in which case DS does translate "some" nodes - or simple reads the pz2 "header" - in order to use MAT Pose Files generated from Poser at all).

Will there be an effort to allow DS4 and higher to utilize WM figures designed in Poser?  Exporting Genesis is great and all but what about the scenario where Poser developers might create Poser-based genesis clothing.  How would DS users be able to utilize that?  I don't think these are bridges that are too far away once the WM export from DS is fine tuned.