Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

blondie9999 posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 7:55 PM

Quote - Will you be accepting submissions for non DAZ figures?  (I concede that this one is based on the rumor that DAZ will not accept brokered items for Poser and 3rd party figures not brokered by DAZ.)

To the best of my knowledge-- and I've been brokering at DAZ since 2003-- DAZ has always refused to accept content for any figure not sold at DAZ, for at least two reasons:

1.  If the figure isn't sold at DAZ, then DAZ has to purchase copies of it for all its Q.A. testers.

2.  If the figure isn't sold at DAZ, then DAZ has no control over the figure's quality or continued availability.  For instance, let's say that Vendor A makes a figure that is sold only at RDNA. And let's say that Vendor B makes an add-on for that figure, and DAZ accepts it.  What happens if it turns out that Vendor A's figure has copyright problems and RDNA takes it off the market?  DAZ is then stuck with an add-on for a figure that is no longer on the market.

3.  If the figure isn't sold at DAZ, then there may be customer-support issues.  DAZ is the only store that provides customer support for products, rather than laying that job off onto the individual vendors.  So, let's say that there's a problem with Vendor B's add-on for a figure that isn't sold at DAZ.  If the problem is caused by the figure itself, there isn't anything DAZ can do to resolve the problem, because the figure isn't sold at DAZ-- but even so, the upset customer is likely to blame, and become angry at, DAZ rather than at the creator of the figure.

The only exception to this rule that I know of is in a case where an item is for a figure sold at DAZ and for a figure not sold at DAZ-- such as, say, a hairpiece for V4 that also has fits for some figure not sold at DAZ.