Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

blondie9999 posted Sat, 10 December 2011 at 8:23 PM

Quote - ...so basically we are "written off" because those of us on limited budgets don't have the disposable income to buy a big ticket item like a new computer every couple of years.

Uh... excuse me?  Since when does any company stop development to cater to the impoverished?  Did Microsoft stop in its tracks because I couldn't afford a computer that would run Windows 7?  Did Poser stop in its tracks because I couldn't afford a computer that would run any version beyond Poser 6?

No.  So why do you expect DAZ to stop in its tracks because you can't afford a computer that will run DS4?

I was stuck for nearly two years being unable to run DS3 because I couldn't afford to buy a new computer that would run it.  Did I bitch to DAZ about that, or try to claim that it was DAZ's fault?  No.  Yes, it pissed me off, but... whose fault was it?  M-I-N-E, for not having the ability to "keep up."

Being poor sucks, and being on a limited/fixed income sucks, but guess what?  That's not the fault of companies that develop hardware or software, and trying to blame DAZ for the consequences of your own poverty is ridiculous.  Expecting DAZ (or any other company) to cater to your poverty is even more ridiculous.

We live in a world in which computer technology, both for hardware and sofware, is developing rapidly.  If you can't keep up, you get left behind.  That's just the way it is, and it's not DAZ's "fault" or anybody else's "fault."