Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

ksanderson posted Sun, 11 December 2011 at 2:33 AM

markschum wrote:

Quote - The problem I have with Daz studio is not that it runs poorly. I accept that my machine may not be sufficient to run it. My problem is that after several downloads , it installs with no errors but then simply does not start.   The event log on my system states it had an abnormal program termination. 

Three emails to Daz support were never answered. So I gave up on it ever working for me.

I run win xp and Poser 7 , Visual studio 6 and visual c++ 2008 and python 2.4 and 2.7 on the machine and thats all, no internet connection on that box. 

Since your machine is that clean then my only suggestion is to make sure your video drivers are recent. DAZ Studio will only launch if the OpenGL drivers for your card are recent (the last couple years - I'd say up to date, but that doesn't always work for some ATI drivers). The viewport needs OpenGL. I found that out when I installed D|S3A on my XP Pro machine. I had to get the latest drivers at the time for my older ATI card. Then D|S3A launched with no problem. I also have read that there was a problem with ATI Catalyst drivers past 10.10 - mine is older but had updated OpenGL.

OpenGL 1.3 compatible graphics card with at least 128 MB RAM (Hardware accelerated OpenGL 2.2, or higher, compatible recommended with 512MB RAM)

http://wwwold.daz3d.com/i/software/studio/requirements?_m=d