Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 ยท 1133 posts

IgnisSerpentus posted Sun, 11 December 2011 at 1:26 PM

Quote - Maybe for things like armor - but even there the majority is unfit for a male.....

Some clothing will be usable for both female and male - but most of those is already available for both.

The V4 clothing has not been designed around a neuter base so those will transfer even less favorable to a male

I have been using convertors for a long time and at first glance they look ok, but then when you do a closeup you see that things like buttons, collars and other geometric things are deformed. Going from a female to a male leaves terrible deformations around the chest area. If you add morphs it gets even worse. And then if you add texture stretching if becomes very bad.

Occasionally conversions work really well, but that is usually between similar meshes

Ive done some testing... Auto fit does pretty good. But yah, there are some issues... most notably the breast area and where shoes are concerned. But this is only the inception of the new tech... Im sure a lot will be improved upon in coming releases. For now, there are ways around some of the issues, if you know things like ZBrush and whatnot (though I wouldn't expect customers to have to diddle with that stuff - I mean more on a development level)

@Richard - Thanks for adding the explanation for the transfer utility. Ive been meaning to find out more about that, actually, coz Ill be needing it lol