Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

Netherworks posted Sun, 11 December 2011 at 6:28 PM

Thanks for the clarification Richard, I didn't know that DS4 read the materials library.  The "header" portion is fine since that's all it reads from MAT Poses already, I suspect.

There's a lot I don't know about DS4 and that's why I've been trying to follow my comments with question marks (I do miss doing that at times though).

Also glad to hear that DAZ has plans to perhaps offer themes or include some different variations for all flavors of DS4.  I guess it's a little thing to some but when you stare at an interface for an extended amount of time, It has an impact.  I really liked the Carrara/Hex themes for DS3 (I believe there was a Hex one).

I'm not sure how I feel on the whole neuter base issue.  I understand the points made but I share the point of view that there are only very few clothing items that you would put on both genders and you kind of sacrifice working around a mesh designed to flow around a certain gender/type.

However, I am not sure Genesis creates a new clothing/accessories market if it can simply adopt existing clothing from the V4 line (keeping in mind that Autofit has drawbacks at this time).  On the Poser side, particularly, it seems to push simply making more V4 clothing because you get compatibility across all the platforms and most of the versions and Genny can wear it too.