Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Blackhearted Anastasia Clothing...

onimusha opened this issue on Dec 17, 2011 · 739 posts

Blackhearted posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 9:07 AM

Quote - I bought her yesterday and think Blackheart has done a wonderful job on her. From what I can tell he uses the existing texture maps with a custom shader. I really think we could use some better texture maps for her in general.

actually no - ive gone over all the maps and made fixes, improvements where needed, retextured most of the head, spent way too much time around the eyes and lacrimals, and then hand colored the maps because they were much too monotone.  there are also a lot of custom maps made, as well as masks to fix some of the underlying issues. 
the SM maps are actually quite good, and i saw no reason to retexture every inch of her just so i can say i did.  with the Level II and III shaders, much of the base texture detail is smoothed out anyway. Level IV shaders are coming in an update.

just what are you hoping would be accomplished with 'better texture maps'? more baked on detail?  you can increase the texture detail on the SSS node for each body part, and then go to the material room and click Add to Library, and choose Material Collection, and save it.  either way, make sure you are rendering with a low min shading rate or any texture will get blurred out. i included some suggested render setting preset screenshots in the documentation.

cheers,
-gabriel