Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

OrphanedSoul posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 9:43 AM

Quote - Tavia3D:

this begs an answer, and I'm not sure I can adequately answer it.

First, the industry is now at a point where it can either work together to come up with reasonable agreements, or it can split into two camps.  DAZ could go one way and Poser another.   Which I don't really see happening.

No, Genesis or V5 is not a poser product as yet.  The day may come.  I'm not completely enthralled with what I've found in Genesis, but I'm also fumbling trying to learn DS at the same time.  I don't see myself giving up poser for DS at this time as I'm too fond of a few of Poser features and so far find DS to be clumsy to me.

But I'm also learning BLender as something with more capability than Wings, and playing with Hexagon at the same time.  I see no problem with this, if one proves to be more trouble than it's worth to get into my head, just don't do it.

Amateur vs pro or hobbyist vs pro, broad brush you paint with.  There are probably quite a few here that are free lance artists, making a living with things the "big boys" don't want to mess with, at the same time providing service for some that can't afford the "big boys".

Antonia is nice, and I see nothing wrong with her figure.  Unless of course you're looking for something like Jessica, more fantasy than realistic. 

I don't like the installers either, but I also use very few of them.

Cloud computing is probably beyond my lifetime to become a viable entity, so I'm not going to worry about it.  If it happens before then, oh well.  I don't have to buy into it.

I thought this was for Rand to answer, do u work for DAZ?