Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

Faerydae posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 11:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Now, it may be that the two programs will eventually converge again, but that hasn't happened yet.  Maybe it will happen, and maybe it won't.  But screaming at DAZ about something over which it has NO control at all is not going to make that happen.

I think that's one of the main things everyone is upset about...they did have control over it and chose to make a product that was not compatibible with a program that a good percentage of their paying customers use.

Maybe they thought there wouldn't be as much of an outrage about it once everyone saw the possibilities with Genesis and just jump on board....maybe they did and figured they would get enough new users buying into it that it wouldn't affect there income...and maybe it hasn't yet.

I for one and not as upset about it as I was. I have enough of my own personal problems to deal with without getting too worked up over this. If Genesis is ever fully compatible with Poser (without an exporter) I may bite. If not I think I'll survive.

So DAZ should have stuck with the abilities of the version of Poser available when they started developing Genesis?   But then people would be bitching about DAZ not providing a weight mapped new figure since they didn't know what direction SM was going.  No natter what direction DAZ would have gone people would bitch.  

I would think as a PA you would be more concerned with the way things are going since this could potentially affect your sales in the long run too if you choose to support this new plaform.

Anyhow, if Daz has been talking to SM for (I believe someone said 2 years) about their plans I would assume Daz also knew which route SM was going as well. I don't believe SM is the one that's going to lose potential sales over all of this nonsense. To me it would have made much more sense to figure out some kind of a more acceptable method for Genesis to be used in Poser before they released it. Even if that meant having the annoying exporter ready before Genesis was released for those that don't mind having to use it. IMO there would have been a lot less people upset. Yes, there will always be some people that will bitch and moan.  I have no problem whatsoever with Daz or any other company trying to evolve into more advanced technology. I commend Daz for what they're doing as far as that goes, but again, there might have been a lot less bitching had things been done differently.