Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

Glitterati3D posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 12:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - So DAZ should have stuck with the abilities of the version of Poser available when they started developing Genesis?   But then people would be bitching about DAZ not providing a weight mapped new figure since they didn't know what direction SM was going.  No natter what direction DAZ would have gone people would bitch.  

Oh, poor, poor DAZ. 

As said in another thread, it's DAZ and DAZ PAs who wish to sell Genesis stuff to Poser users.

You might want to consider that doing so will require NOT pissing off Poser users.

Ahhh!  Speaking for all Poser users are you?  If you are, then take a look at my join date here.  I am a Poser user and nether you or the others claiming to speak for Poser users speak for me.  And just because I also use DAZ Studio doesn't make me any less of a Poser user either.

Would I like Genesis to be usable in Poser...yes.  Is that because I'm a DAZ PA...no.  I want people to be able to use whatever figure they want in the program of their choice.  I also want content creators to be able to create for whatever program they use.  Is that such a bad thing?  

What company doesn't want everyone to use their latest (& greatest) product?  SM does.  So why is it such an evil thing that DAZ wants the same thing?

You're the one defining it as "evil," not I.

I have absolutely no desire to use Genesis, nor any of it's derivatives.

I don't care if DAZ never gets the thing into Poser.

I most certainly do not consider it evil.  Just a grey blob, that no matter how good a PA is, doesn't look like a woman when it's meant to, nor look like a man when it's meant to. 

I think it's awful technology.

But, that's just my opinion.

All I was saying is that if you want customers to use your products, you should NOT set out to piss them off.

Simple concept, really.