Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 ยท 1133 posts

kyoto_kid posted Tue, 20 December 2011 at 2:44 PM

Quote - I do know that some fixes were added late in the 3.x dev cycle. But even more memory management was done in 4.x.

One of the problems with a major release is that the Development team trys really hard to NOT break the SDK till the next major release. And I know some of these changes required a change to the SDK.So it's not always possible to dive deep into the core code to make the changes.

Does that make sense?

...I would think though that plugging memory leaks and solving the bloat issue would have little if anything to do with the SDK. If anything it would enhance the application's performance overall.

Granted, the 3.1.2.32 release does work better than previous versions however it still has some serious memory issues which are particularly glaring in the 32bit version due to the tighter RAM limits one has to work under.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]