Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi! DAZ 3D wants to chat.

DAZ_Rand opened this issue on Dec 09, 2011 · 1133 posts

wimvdb posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 3:05 PM

Quote - Were the problems meant to be solved, or improved? My recollection is that there was a list of fixes in DS 4.0.3.19 (or .9) that would improve Genesis export, but that they would require a Poser service release to be effective. I don't recall any official DAZ people saying the updates would fix everything.

I have never seen any list of issues which are supposed to be solved with the exporter. So I do not know. And that's the whole point. We have no clue what should work, and what does not work. We only get told - wait for the new SR - but no clue what it supposed to do.

I have seen the things which Rob mentions what SR1 contains for the exporter - but there is no info at all on what these are supposed to solve.

For now the exporter can export a genesis figure with morphs. You can do the same thing with clothing - except that the morphs which work in the genesis figure do not work with the clothing. Is that a Poser issue? Is that an exporter issue? Is that a general limitation and will it never work? That is why I asked if anyone at DAZ has tried it with the Poser SR. The answer was no.