Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT On the subject of Monitors

LadyElf opened this issue on Dec 29, 2011 · 39 posts

LadyElf posted Thu, 29 December 2011 at 8:48 PM

Yeah, no beer LOL!  At least not until after we get it pulled apart.  Did some more reading on the symptoms and the age of the monitor would put it around the time of the faulty cap plague, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sam, it was (they said) 1 1/2 years out of warranty.  The problem is, they already had to replace it once, the new one they sent me didn't come with a new warranty, but rather just the old warranty continuing on,which I think is a horrible way to treat their customers.  To send it to them I would have to pay both sending and return shipping PLUS $150 for them to look at it and repair it. If that was the only way to go, I might was well use the old one for a nice paperweight and just buy a new one.  I can get a new ASUS 24 inch LED for $209 with free shipping from TigerDirect.

Like I said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it was breaking my heart to think I was going to have to junk this one, while it's still what I consider brand new in the scheme of things for monitors.

You all have given me some hope, I thank you whole heartedly for that :)

Deb