Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 2008 or Genesis

Michaelab opened this issue on Dec 29, 2011 · 122 posts

meatSim posted Fri, 30 December 2011 at 7:57 PM

To clarify.. I think the OP already has poser 8, not that he is looking to buy it.

Also a lot of the advanced features genesis has over previous generations figures is available to poser as a program however most content currently available has been designed to only leverage poser 4 or 6 level features.  As more poser 9/pro 2012 specific content rolls out you will see a distinct narrowing of the gap between genesis and the other figures

Quote - > Quote - You have to be a Platinum Club Member to access this, but here is the link:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=177638

I'm sorry, but how is this info in any way relevant to the OP? The only people that would pay to be privy to this info are mostly people who are frequent shoppers at Daz3D, and definitely not most 3D users who are on the fence  about which programs to use.

Advantage for genesis:

Better figure that has vastly improved morphing and bending features.

Can use  advanced muscle-flexing morphs

The most advanced Bone and Rigging setup in 3D ready-made figures.

Can utilize 100% of generation 4's legacy morphs 

Disadvantage for genesis:

You are going to have to pay for Daz 4 Pro and Genesis morph packs separately in order to take advantage of all that genesis offers. Which can easily run you well above $500.

Poser 8 will only run you $130 on Amazon, and Poser pro and 9 about $70-$150..So why would you get 8 in the first place!? 

The fact is this: You could pay for well over $500 for the most advanced figure and program for content creation, thereby having the ultimate package in 3D character creation/posing, or you could stick with Generation 4 characters and  a program that you're most comfortable with for only $150? (Seriously, Poser 9 for only $20 more, and you still want vers 8?) 

It would be wise to go with 9 and save up the money (And wait for specials) in order to fully take advantage of Daz's new figure/program and the eventual support of Genesis. 

Unless of course, you have the money to spend, in which case I'll simply add, "Buy the entire cake, and eat it as well!" ;^)