Forum: Vue

Subject: vue stability

stayinwonderland opened this issue on Dec 30, 2011 · 52 posts

ShawnDriscoll posted Fri, 13 January 2012 at 6:31 AM

Quote - I find Vue to be a dog for stability and its not my computer or my drivers or any other crap you can suggest, its Vue full stop.

My computer has not changed over the years since using Vue 6.  Each update of Vue has had its own quirks that caused crashes.  E-on worked on a better scene recovery scheme with each update, but the crashes were still happening.  I could not load the stupid C3D Willow tree in Vue 9 without crashing to save my life.  I was told that the tree file I downloaded was defective. What?  I downloaded it again and poof crashing scenes everywhere that had the Willow tree (in camera shot) in it.

Vue 9.5 didn't have any problems with the same Willow tree.  Either does Vue 10.  So I know e-on fixed the problem because I haven't changed anything on my system other than uninstalling previous versions of Vue as I buy new versions.  But Vue 10 has new bugs in it.  Stupid ones that shouldn't be in it.  These are bugs that computer programmers just don't do.  But maybe e-on has cats walking on their programmer's keyboards while they are at lunch?  This is the kind of typo I'm talking about that they have in their code.  I complained about it pretty loud to them when their filter (the person that looks for the bugs on their end) kept telling me that it was my system.  Why would window scrolling not work in one update, but work in the next then if it's my system to blame?

Anyway, e-on's filter (after a year (two versions worth of Vue in that time) of nonsense talk from e-on's little helper) is seeing the bugs now and is passing the info along to the programmers and fixing them ASAP so I don't have to buy Vue 10.5 to see if they were fixed yet.  I would like to stick with a working Vue 10 for awhile and get some use out of what I paid for up to this point.  Vue 10 has only been out for 1.5 months and the forums are nearly dead.  Just the 20 or so regulars continue posting.  Go to CGSociety and there is nothing there.  Go to e-on's own forum and there is nothing there.  C3D...  Ghost towns.  But all terrain software is hurting for new users in these times.  Disposible cash is not as common as it used to be.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG