Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Blackhearted Anastasia Clothing...

onimusha opened this issue on Dec 17, 2011 · 739 posts

brynna posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quote - That's a nice outfit.  I don't have a lot of dynamic stuff.  I'm sure it is well worth it and I really would like to learn it; especially to use Ana.  Unfortunately I'm still very green in Poser and I'm having to work with a learning disability and I just don't understand a lot of stuff that I have read.  I don't even think I classify as a hobbyist LOL.

Look at the date I joined Renderosity. I'm just now tiptoeing into dynamic clothing. There are a LOT of things in Poser that I still don't know how to do.

Quote - I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of it as well as expand my ability in PP12 by reading information in forums/asking questions when I can't seem to find any answers that I can understand.  However, some of the replies make me feel increasingly stupid/like I should have known better than to even ask even though a lot of this stuff I'm asking about is geared towards new stuff only in this new version.

You're handling it correctly by asking questions. That's one of the things this place is for - learning. Let the rest roll off your back.

Quote - I guess people forget what it was like to be new to something and overwhelmed/frustrated/not knowing where to look.  I've actually tried to use dynamic cloth and I've watched several tutorials on the matter, but I just can't get anything to work for me properly.  I guess I'm just too dense b/c it still doesn't make sense :/   

You're not dense. Dynamics have me a bit muddled. I've only succeeded ONCE in getting it to work correctly. Now that I have an entire dynamic wardrobe for Anastasia I'm determined to figure it out.

Quote - Guess that is what I get for getting to the party late b/c now it seems like a lot of people expect you to just know your way around Poser before you get PP12.  I was asked the other day by I guess someone I offended with a simple question in a forum why I got PP12 if I don't know how to use half of it....well simple I wanted 64 bit support and I got it on sale for 22 dollars after a credit reward...sorry didn't know that I couldn't buy the new one and be clueless!

That's the very reason I went to PP12 this time around - to get full 64 bit support. I sort of feel like a Cesna pilot learning to fly a Boeing 747!

Quote - I also tend to agree with imax24 and their thoughts on conforming clothing....I'm personally not going to buy just dynamic alone...at least not right now....so for me conforming and maybe a tad bit more casual would be good :)  I know it won't happen overnight, but it's hard waiting!

Patience, grasshopper. Vickie 3 only had second skins and a bikini for months (hence a lot of naked Vickies in the galleries at the time) until vendors took that plunge. My only issue is that most of the clothes that are coming along for Ana seem to be of the slutty variety. :rolleyes: That was the reason I made the purchase at CP, and if Poserworld starts putting out clothing for her I may have to renew my membership there after all.

My mission this weekend? To learn the mysteries of dynamic clothing. Will I succeed? Who knows?

NP: Days of Future Past by the Moody Blues - yup, it's one of those days!

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.