Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Megaupload Forced to Closed Down - The beginning of the end.....

Zev0 opened this issue on Jan 20, 2012 · 79 posts

Dale B posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 5:12 AM

Quote - While piracy sucks... I am also against the government getting too involved with what we do online, most people do not use filesharing services to host and share illegal or copyrighted content. Me personally I use rapidshare a whole lot to distribute files to my employees all over the globe and to quickly swap files with clients, it is super handy to just upload a batch of proof images to RS or another service and provide a link.

And this is going to be the fun issue in coming years. Because any individual or company who had sensitive material in MU's cloud, if they can prove that this has harmed them, will be in a position to sue at the local and federal level. And will. This isn't knocking over a drug dealer, as I've seen many equate it to; this is bombing your local drugstore because -some- of the contents may be addictive. I've never heard of anyone being charged for downloading from MU; and if they are in the top 100 websites visited, I can easily see how the ad money adds up.

Maybe it's time for an Occupy style movement against the FBI. After all, they effectively stole the personal property of tens of thousands of individuals with no due process, no notification, and no proof whatsoever that that personal data is relevant to their criminal charges. If that data has no bearing whatsoever on their criminal case, should it not be returned immediately? Will they not be held responsible for its loss? (mmmm, 100,000 small claims court trials from people who want their personal info back, only to be told some fumblenut corrupted it looking for the Evil Overlord Manifesto that was never found. Talk about choking the court system).