Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Megaupload Forced to Closed Down - The beginning of the end.....

Zev0 opened this issue on Jan 20, 2012 · 79 posts

Photopium posted Sat, 21 January 2012 at 11:23 AM

Heard.  Yet, this is precisely how it looks to those of us on the bottom.  It looks elitist.  It smells elitist.  And you've played a bit of a shell-game with your example by using something you created that is highly specific to one situation and therefore has no value to anyone outside of the company you created it for (for the sake of argument.)

Your argument is a bit "Voodoo" for my tastes.  I'm just a small-town, country lawyer with no fancy, big-city degrees or certifications, but I tend to see things very simply:

I have a program that I can charge 2000 dollars for and sell to 100,000 people who have 2000 dollars, or I could sell that same software to 1,000,000 people who have 200 dollars.

Just because Bill Gates has a Gazillion dollars doesn't mean I need to charge Bill Gates 17 billion dollars for my software when I am also going to sell it to a billion other people who only have 20 dollars, even if Bill Gates is going to make 800 trillion Gazillion dollars using my software. 

Now, you can scramble that up any old way you like, call me a simpleton, whatever, but at the end of the day, black is black and white is white.

More People would use (and purchase) 3dsmax if they had financial access to it.  More people = More revenue = reduced cost per unit.