Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - Will PIXAR have another Hit Movie with John Carter?

jerr3d opened this issue on Jan 25, 2012 · 27 posts

Paul Francis posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 1:35 AM

Quote - Other than the same parent company, Disney, the only relationship between the John Carter film and Pixar is that the John Carter film producers no doubt used PRman (Pixar Renderman) to render the CG animation. I doubt that Pixar had any more involvement with this film than they did with Avatar (CG primarily rendered with PRman as well), produced by Weta. I've got to agree, looks like a great film!!

Pixar's next big film Brave, will hit the theaters in June, and looks to be the same family friendly style/format that we come to expect from them.

The director of "John Carter" Andrew Stanton also directed Pixar's "Wall-E" and "Findng Nemo" - I did just get that from Wikipedia though, so who knows...:)

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"