Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Unable to D/L from any Freebie page

GOMan opened this issue on Jan 25, 2012 ยท 14 posts

GOMan posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 2:00 AM

THis one really has me baffled. I've restored the registry froma year ago. Nada.

I've run FF in the safe mode (everything turned off). Still nada. I can watch it try to go bw-****amazonaws and then it defaults out to a white screen with the file name as the addy. Makes no sense. I've run malware scan, anti-spy scan and KIS anti-virus scan. Nothing. It was running fine last night and d/led a bunch, but today I went here first with no updates since I shut down yesterday and no this.

I've even tried loading that addy directly and of course since it is a redirect, it didn't work. Viewing the source page before it goes white offers no clues. It has to be something with AB or AB+. It really has me buffaloed. Only thing I have not tried and will after I exit this is running completely in safe mode. That might give me a clue. Nothing shows up in startup list or services that has not been there for a long time. JS is up to date. Damn. Getting frustrated.

Tanx for advice. Still looking. Iam smarter than this dumb machine and WILL figure it out.