Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Blackhearted Anastasia Clothing...

onimusha opened this issue on Dec 17, 2011 · 739 posts

DCArt posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 12:52 PM

Quote - I totally sympathize with content providers. To spend countless hours making a detailed pants, blouse and jacket outfit, doing all that you say, and then selling only a few dozen copies during the intro discount period... when a simple strapless bikini, or a mindress, much easier to make, sells hundreds. I do get it. 

One thing a vendor could do is offer more variety in textures. For example, instead of that minidress having only black leather, blue leather, red leather, pink leather, etc. ... do a couple of leather textures and then some more everyday materials too. And include a morph to make the dress knee-length, and transmap options to cover the deep plunge, add some bows or whatever. So it can be a more practical dress as well as a racy nightclub dress.

I can imagine vendors rolling their eyes, thinking "That's what the add-on pack is for, you nimrod!" Which is fine. Good textures take work and are worth paying extra for. I'd just like to see the texture pack be more of a different style rather than slight variations of raciness.

Anyway, maybe there are ways to reach the T&A market as well as the Mary Jane market.

I think you might have understood that differently than the way I meant it.  What I was meaning to say is, when a figure is initially released, the first items that you see in the store aren't necessarily out there because they "sell better", just that they are out there because they don't take quite as long to create.  The more skin that a set covers, the more there is to address.  The more pieces there are, the more there is to address.

I'm currently working on a set with ten pieces in all. Loaded with morphs. And possibly getting a master texturer involved too. No previews yet, sorry. Don't want to spoil the surprise. But it will be out there eventually. 8-)