Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: "What 3D Program Should I buy?"

diolma opened this issue on Jan 12, 2012 · 21 posts

IO4 posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 2:07 AM

I have to agree with markschums reply. It's important that you research the apps out there before you buy - definately try out demos first, especially for those apps that cost money! It also depends what you want to do. Do you really need an app like Maya when Blender is free but is also used for professional modelling and animation?

I'm still  a  newbie as far as modelling goes  I've tried Blender and it's a great program but there is a steep learning curve if you don't mind that. But also there are some great tutorials on the web - the best by far that I've found for a total newcomer can be found here . My personal favourite program (and I've tried Hexagon and C4D)) is Silo by Nevercenter. I love it. It has all  the tools of the other apps that you would need,  but the interface is way easier to learn! And for me this was  a great selling point. Plus there are some great beginner tutorials on Silos site and the program doesn't cost the earth (less than $200 and it's on sale right now), but it is a quality program.

Whatever you do, I hope you find the one that suits you best. Good luck in your search:)

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena