Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question about the Marketplace

Nyghtfall opened this issue on Jan 29, 2012 · 26 posts

bagginsbill posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 6:52 AM

Quote - OK, but if I'm sick to death of faerie costumes I might label it crap, even if well-made and priced right. Someone else might diss any sort of skimpwear, or Genesis products, whatever else they feel like slamming. It's all personal taste, isn't it?  

Yes it but when you are in the minority, your personal view is canceled. Read what I said. It would take more than half the community (chosen at random) to agree that we've had enough faerie costumes, and that isn't going to happen, even if 200 of you automatically think they're crap.

Personally, although I never render that sort of thing, if I saw a well made set of wings or whatever, I would not vote it as crap.

And it's not like people with an axe to grind get to vote more. This could not be swayed the way the art charts are. Each item would get equal and random exposure. If 300 people vote on an item, and 200 say it is crap, I can guaran-damn-tee you it is crap.

Remember, too, this is not the only way to see things. You can search by genre, artist, popularity, or what's new, too.

Me - I would always click on "what's new and not crap".

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)