Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

moogal posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:16 PM

Quote - They have convinced some big shot in the world of 3D to drop fbx and collada and adopt DAZ's dfs as the new best universal 3D file format.  This is the only thing that would be a major industry wide game changer.

That might qualify...  Some kind of really impressive soft-body/cloth dynamics that we wouldn't be expecting...

My guess was something Kinect related, but iClone has already ventured there already...

A 3D printing partnership would only be a big deal if they could significantly reduce cost and make it essentially as easy as printing a paper document.

Integration of a new GPU-based renderer to their software family would be nice, but shouldn't be that big a deal.

I am thinking it needs to involve a new technology, or making a very high-end technology available to people who couldn't have afforded it before.  It has to be something that would raise their credibility in the industry and bring in new users from some other community...  A partnership with Unity3D, for example, could give Daz users a realtime engine, crowd simulations, etc., and would also lead Unity users into using Daz software if it were suddenly quite easy to get Daz figures into a Unity project...

But I am going to say it is Hexagon3 with figure rigging and weight painting which will let you model/UV/paint/rig and export a figure ready for use in D|S/Poser using just one single program. ;)