Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

PrecisionXXX posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 12:27 PM

I begin to wonder, this wouldn't be the first time some company has decided on something "revolutionary!  Totally new!  World shaking!  The way of the future!", then found while it may seem like the best way, the customers simply wouldn't support it.  It's not hard to see DAZ as having bet the homestead on genesis and DS4, only to find out the users of older versions don't like it any better than the Poser users.  Being only fractionally compatible with Poser, no reason for Poser users to embrace it, and too much given up to use DS. 

They could be testing the market, seeing if they can get some idea of what would be a market price that would sell, although without sales numbers, I have no idea how any of the three offered were doing.  Not testing the market for the programs, but if there's any bump in the genesis related models. 

It could be possible that a lot of the wind was taken out of the genesis sales by the weight  mapping ability of PP2012, which I believe, given time, will put new life in most of the older figures as people begin to experiment with it.  Which is not the way DAZ would like to see things going.  They might see it as a threat, with people finding new tools to work with to get the result they're looking for at minimal expense, meaning added expense.  I have no ideas, and logic as normally applied doesn't work.

D.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.