Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Daz peeing on it's loyal customers and gave dazstudio PRO for free

durf opened this issue on Feb 02, 2012 · 33 posts

Alisa posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 1:51 PM

I don't think anyone is upset at the good fortune of others.  But certainly some of us who paid just a few months ago (and I firmly believe it is this short time between "pay quite a bit" and "free for all" that is upsetting people) for DS4Advanced and Pro are understandably a bit upset.   I said over at Daz and I'll say here that I am glad for those who are happy, and hope they will just have empathy for those who aren't so happy and not be mean to them or tell them they shouldn't feel as they do because..[fill in the blank]. 

People make choices with the money they have beyond filling basic needs such as food and a roof over their heads.  People who chose to buy the programs do not necessarily have any more disposable income than those who didn't - they just chose to spend their money on something that the others chose not to spend theirs on.  No value judgements in that.  And those who chose not to spend their money then are happy now.  Very understandable and I'm happy for them.  You can be happy for some people and sad for yourself and for others.

I think that discussing this at Daz's forums WITHOUT being insulting to them, without calling them names or threatening legal suits is more productive than talking about it here.  In my experience, when people nicely point out things they see as unfair, Daz often does something to compensate them.  Not always, but often.

As others have said, there is no basis at all for legal action, and threatening it is probably not a very good plan in either having Daz listen or other posters empathize. 

Daz has a very generous no-questions-asked 30 day money back guarantee that goes WAY beyond what any of the other big 3d stores have.  They are not under any obligation in my mind to do anything beyond that, but I hope they will make some gesture to help people who bought versions of the software only a few months ago feel better.

So, go discuss this at Daz, but I URGE you to be polite and respectful to Daz and to other posters there.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director