Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

moogal posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quote - I'm quite surprised to see several posts over at Daz saying that this will entice Poser users to D|S instead. Is that just because it's free? If so, wouldn't they already be using the free D|S version anyway? Or are all other Poser users that desperate to get Genesis?

No experienced user ever really wants a cut-down free version.  I bought D|S advanced and the Digimi tools hoping to use D|S as a way to get some older Poser figures into iClone/Unity.  D|S 4 came out and the Digimi tools were included in the Pro version only.  Then PoserPro2012 came out and had too many nice features for me to pass it up.  Now that I have D|S 4 Pro I likely will be looking into its setup tools, and try using it with Bryce (another program I never had) via the bridge.

Genesis is probably the least appealing part of the deal for me.  I have a few older figures I am content with, but I am more concerned now with trying to rig original figures.  Having another means to autofit clothing is nice, and texture atlas may become handy if I need figures for a game or similar project.