Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

lmckenzie posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 5:24 PM

And I was hoping for the Super Bowl commercial, oh well. I find the relatively muted reaction (as opposed to howls of disgust) as interesting as the announcement itself.

Industry Shaking – perhaps a little, but only in Dozerville.

Game Changing – Only for them and how much remains to be seen.

If they read the Randall thread, they know that hardcore Poser users won’t switch under threat of death. They may get some less zealous Poser folks, but it probably appeals mainly to new users who can get everything they need for free. Yes, you can get Blender, Terragen or whatever but those who want to go that route probably already have. DS4Pro plusCarrarawould have been more appealing to me, but maybe they’re actually making money onCarrara.

DS4Pro A- Nothing not to like to me except the HW specs.

Bryce B- I doubt I’ll use it over Vue but I’m interested, not having seen it since 5.

Hexagon C- Yet another opportunity to see why I’m not a modeler.

Content Creation Tools A+ I’ve heard some good things about them even from a few Poseristas.

What they need now, (besides more documentation) is a nice video training series showing the creation of a short film and maybe a comic using this stuff.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken