Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

shannonsuzanne posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 6:48 PM

Well all I can say is if DAZ Studio wasn't free I would never have gotten to learn or use Poser and I think it's great that it's free....maybe not earth shattering, but still very nice that people have a chance to get the "big" version for free.  And if you are new to 3D free IS very good and to get the top product version whatever you want to call it is also very nice.  I've had better luck with DS4 than I did with 3 as far as render times.  However, I've pretty much switched to PP2012 b/c now I prefer it and the SSS option and I have all this V4 stuff LOL.  But that doesn't stop me from going back to DAZ and getting free stuffs when I can...genesis or V4.  And one day I will use studio again...whenever this upgrade downloads :) 

But this year I definately won't be renewing my platinum membership and won't be scurrying to buy stuff during those sales.  I have found that the changes to their club aren't that great and I prefer the PRIME membership this year.  But I hold no grudges because if it were not for that company and website I wouldn't have half the stuff I do.  I started doing 3D right when they started giving away V4 and all those models for free.  I remember getting a refund on Aiko b/c she was free the next week.  If it wasn't for their site I probably would have never clicked over here.  I made the mistake on clicking on a free link for ironman13's actual webpage in a forume and down the rabbit hole I went.  Daz was a great place to learn and get stuff for next to nothing/free.  It's great for anyone that wants to try out stuff too...or at least it was when they gave a bunch of stuff away for free. 

However, I've grown in my abilities to do 3D renders and have upgraded here and there....