Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 ยท 648 posts

LaurieA posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 12:13 PM

I just feel like it devalues their products when they just give stuff away like that...lol. Maybe it's just me, but I truly believe the free figures at least where what drove the price of Poser content down. You may say "Well, that was great then!" and if you're a consumer, it was, but if you were a vendor you were royally screwed.

Because of another thread, I was looking at Daz's site from 2003 on the Wayback Machine. For all those that piss and moan about prices, how's this: Mike 1 was $59.95 and that was just the figure. The texture cost extra and that was another $24.95. Those of us who have been around for awhile all paid it. I paid it gladly...for Mike, Vicky, the kids and Stephanie and Aiko...lol. I have no sympathy when ppl complain about prices ;).

Getting back to my point tho, not only does it devalue their software, it makes people think they can wait to have the new software on the chance that Daz will do a repeat. That certainly won't be good for business...lol. If you're gonna make it free, make it free from the start. Don't make it expensive, allow people to purchase it and then a couple months later give it away to every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to download it.

Laurie