Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

Janl posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 3:15 PM

Quote - Is it possible that the move to Genesis, whatever its merits, was just too big of a hurdle for many users and content sales were suffering?  If so, reverting to the old business model of giving away the software to pump sales of content is not such a stretch.

It seems odd to me that some members of a site which is the defacto content site for Poser content see nefarious motives behind every move of DAZ, yet don't seem to bemoan the fact that Smith Micro offers only Content Paradise (boy, what a misnomer).

SM doesn't have to moderate the behavior on their forums - because they simply closed them down.  You can berate DAZ for the way they handle their forums and members, but at least they continue to provide a forum for feedback and interaction.  I can only assume that SM trolls here to see how their latest product and strategy is panning out with the customers.

Love 'em or hate 'em, at least DAZ is still in there swinging.

Smith Micro's primary focus is on software and personally I am pleased about that decision.

If you are looking for the official Poser 9 / Poser Pro 2012 forum it is over at RDNA and several of the Poser development team hang out there. 😄

However, please do not make this into another Daz vs Poser thread. Thanks.