Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

ksanderson posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 3:52 PM

PrecisionXXX wrote

Quote - What DAZ was thinking, I have no idea, how a corporate mind works is, I think, beyond comprehension by anyone that uses logic.  For those that use it and couldn't afford it, well, they're probably happy.  For those that feel shafted, that's how it goes sometimes.  For those that won't use it, it makes no difference one way or another.  A non event.

I don't know what they were thinking, but we know from forum traffic that Bryce 7 Pro and Hexagon are not big movers. Seeing how DS 4 Pro hasn't been on sale, I would guess that sales were extremely slow the last month or so. All 3 are perfect loss leaders. A great way to generate content sales, their main business. From the way their site was loading so slow or not loading at all, you can assume they were getting slammed with traffic. I bet they sold a bunch of content and will sell even more to the new or returning users in the next month. DAZ doesn't like unhappy customers but they are probably used to it by now. Seems like someone always is unhappy, even when they giveaway other free stuff. Goes to prove you can't please everyone.