Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

randym77 posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 4:05 PM

Quote - Is it possible that the move to Genesis, whatever its merits, was just too big of a hurdle for many users and content sales were suffering?

I think that is possible.  Like I said, their last "chain" sale was a mess.  You're supposed to buy one of day one's sale items to get a huge discount for day two's items.  Etc.  In the past, I would buy items I didn't particularly want, because they were really cheap and the coupon for the next day's item was usually worth it.  Not this time.  There were long strings of Genesis only items, which I couldn't use no matter how cheap they were. 

And I guess I wasn't the only one.  They started issuing catch up coupons, so you could still get the cheap prices even if you didn't buy the Genesis stuff.  Then they put all the items on sale for the cheap prices, no coupon needed.  But I was fed up by then, and asked for refunds on the two products I bought.  (I didn't really want them; I bought them just to get the coupons for the next day, which I ended up not using.)

I've asked for refunds before, and usually I get them by the next day. Maybe two days at most.  Not this time.  It took almost three weeks to get a reply.  And they asked me if I'd be willing to keep the items if they gave me a discount.  They've never done that before.

Give 'em credit, though.  They really do seem to be making an effort to be nice to their customers.  If that's due to the new boss, I approve.