Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 opened this issue on Jan 28, 2012 · 648 posts

hornet3d posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 4:09 PM

Quote - I know that it's been said before, but I can't help thinking it...

Welcome to the new boss. Same as the old boss....

;)

I don't care what Daz does, but my gawd, stop being so flipping schizophrenic and make a plan and stick to it for crying out loud. Anyway, no matter what I think or what anyone else thinks, there are some ppl who can now have 3D as a hobby that couldn't afford it before. Nothing wrong with that ;).

Laurie

Had it not been for Daz being free some years ago I doubt if I would be spending my time creating 3D renders right now.  At some point I found Poser and have stayed with it through Poser 6, 7, 8, 2010 and now 2012.    No doubt the Daz free programs will bring more to the hobby over this month and some will not use it more than to dabble but some will become hooked.  Some may even use Daz4 and Genesis and also buy more content, not only at Daz but elsewhere.  Some might, like me, move to Poser in the future and maybe even go further and make a living from 3D in some form.  I do feel sorry for those that paid for the program over 30 days ago but other than that everything else I have said appears to be fairly positive for the 3D community.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.