Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: nVidia vs AMD video cards with Poser?

Seaking406 opened this issue on Feb 06, 2012 · 10 posts

Seaking406 posted Tue, 07 February 2012 at 1:33 AM

Alrighty then, I found the SreeD vice OpenGL setting in the preview menu under "Render Settings" and though it's somewhat better, there is a 3 second lag between render and going back to the preview screen.. 

But unfortunately, for me that won't work as the preview of the models is horrible.. my gosh! They look like shiny bronze statues with lots of over-exposed looking surfaces that doesn't give you enough of a hint of what your rendered lighting will look like..  By the time I go do a fast render to check out the lighting, make adjustments, try it again and then go do the final render, I spent more time than waiting for the glitched render to preview screen nuissance.. ergh.. Close, but not not close enough for me as a work around the issues plaguing my set up.. 

I like the real time preview scene as I'm setting things up, I can get a real good look at what everything will look like when I do a high quality ray traced render.. I have a high PC system but I think it's the vid card that's causing the problem.. argh..

Thanks again though for the insight to SreeD option.. 

Cheers